Completed: 1876
Builder: JT Eltringham, South Shields
Yard Number: 54
Dimensions: 102grt, 26nrt, 96.5 x 18.1 x 9.4ft; (1885: 12nrt)
Engines: SL1cyl (35 x 51ins), 40nhp
Engines By: TR Scott & Co. North Shields
Propulsion: Paddle
Construction: Iron
Reg Number: 70421
1876 John & Dorothy Anderson, Robert Chater & John Turnbull, North Shields
1878 G Drover, Cowes, Isle of Wight; registered at Liverpool
1882 JHW Culliford & A Irwing, Sunderland; registered at Sunderland
1883 Inverness Steam Trawlers Co Ltd, Inverness; registered at Inverness
1888 John S & David S Wilson, Charlestown, Fife, registered at Bo'ness
1890 John S & Elizabeth Wilson, Charlestown
1895 John S Wilson, Charlestown
1917 Lawson Steam Tug-boat Co Ltd, South Shields
1918 Sunk
Comments: 02/07/1918: Captured by German submarine and sunk by gunfire 2 miles N of Flamborough Head
while towing to lighters laden with coal for Boulogne France.
Skipper and 6 crewmen took to the small boat, the mate; Chief engineer and a fireman were wounded by gunfire. The crews of the two lighters also took to their small boats, one crew landed safely while the others were killed by gunfire.
Thanks to Andrew Hall for the above news items
Site Map