Name: PRESIDENT
Launched: 03/08/1876
Completed: 08/1876
Builder: John Readhead & Co, South Shields
Yard Number: 124
Dimensions: 130grt, 26nrt, 100.0 x 20.0 x 9.9ft
Engines: SL2cyl (30 x 52ins), 70rhp, 420ihp
Engines By: John Readhead & Co, South Shields
Propulsion: Paddle
Construction: Iron
Reg Number: 86652
History:
08/1876 Limerick Towing Co; registered at Limerick
1891 George Brown et al; registered at South Shields
07/1923 Owner restyled as Brown Tug Co Ltd
1930 Transferred to France, Fenwick Tyne & Wear Co Ltd
02/1959 Broken up
Comments: Some time before 1936 she was altered from a twin-funnel to single funnel
1959: Sold to BISCO - British Iron & Steel Corp for 600 & allocated to
Thomas Young & Sons (Shipbreakers) Ltd, Sunderland for breaking up
06/02/1959: Arrived at Sunderland for breaking up

     Above photo, in Brown colours, courtesy of Richard Cox

     Above photo courtesy of Kevin Blair

     Above photo, in France Fenwick colours, courtesy of Kevin Blair

     Above photo courtesy of Alfred Turner

     Above photo courtesy of Eddie Frost

     Above photo courtesy of John Grainger



Site Map