Name: WILLIAM JOLLIFFE
Launched:
Completed: 1885
Builder: John Readhead & Company, South Shields
Yard Number: 211
Dimensions: 330grt, 48nrt, 148.4 x 26.2 x 13.9ft; (1906: 360grt, 0nrt)
Engines: C2cyl, 250nhp, 1200ihp, 12kts; (1906: 164nhp)
Engines By: John Readhead & Company, South Shields
Propulsion: 1 x Screw
Construction: Iron
Reg Number: 91191
History:
1885 Thomas A Jolliffe (t/a W & T Jolliffe), Liverpool
05/1885 Purchased by the Admiralty; renamed WOODCOCK
01/05/1886 Renamed JACKAL
10/07/1906 Sold to Harland & Wolff, Belfast
1917 Sold to The Ocean Transport Co Ltd, London; reverted to JACKAL
09/08/1917 Wrecked off the Tyne
Comments: Hired by Admiralty 01/01/1915 to 1917; renamed JACK
09/08/1917: Wrecked on Bondicarr Rocks, South of Amble whilst towing hopper barge NIPPER. Barge undamaged, crew rescued.
Site Map